Monday, March 28, 2011

Kathmandu

Arrived late yesterday in Kathmandu.  Fifteen hour flight from L.A. to Hong Kong; twelve hour lay over in Hong Kong; saw some tourist sites (i.e., the Peak); ate some Dim Sum; and was a beneficiary of a tour of Hong Kong orchestrated by James Collison (i.e., a friend and former CPH attorney--now living in Hong Kong).  Another six hour flight from Hong Kong to Dahka, Bangladesh and another hour flight to Kathmandu.....and my bags showed up. 

All clients are here, also with all their bags, execpt for one....I heard he missed at least one leg of his flight.  Went to bed super tired and slept surprisingly well.

...and whats up with Kathmandu time?  It's thirteen hours and 45 minutes different from L.A. time....I guess I don't really care, and no one seems to understand the origin of the 45 minute offset.

Today, we did the gear check and repacked the bags...again...one destined for a direct trip to Everest Base Camp, the second to follow me on the trek to Base Camp.  It was also communication upgrade day.  I purchased an Internet modem that should allow me to Blog from Everest Base Camp, assuming the Internet is actually accessible from Base Camp like everyone seems to believe. 

Tomorrow, we will tour Kathmandu....more later....lots of polution here.

2 comments:

  1. Great that you bags arrived. I can't imagine the scramble that would take place to replace everything. Good luck on the next leg of the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With respect to the odd time change, I believe it is because Nepal did not want to have the same time as India so they decided to have their time be 15 minutes off. You know what they say about Nepalis: you can't stop them, you can only hope to contain them!

    ReplyDelete